Tuesday, May 13, 2008

weekend in Rome, with friends..

...and what friends!

this time Agata and I had a lot of time to chat and it was nice as usual but constructive as never before. It's sort of experiencing and learning through her experience... I think it's something that you can feel only when the friendship is deep and deep. Anyway, it's such an intimate feeling... that makes me closer and closer to her. Agatina ti voglio bene.

Then we went to get a pizza with Monica (and Antonio!). It was nice to meet her again... after 8 years or so!
That's incredible... is this when you get older?!? Or it's just because I lived 4 years away... or everything together... I don't know, but recently every time I meet someone, 1 or 2 years already passed since last time we met.
The most incredible unexpected meeting by chance was few days ago in Catania. I met my AKELA! Aurelio, my Akela, when I was a "lupetta" (scout-Catania10°) and that means... 27 years ago!!! My Gooooooooood. That.. was... simply... amazing. Actually, I recognized him by his name and the connection to Agesci. But... I cannot forget one thing regarding him and myself. I remember when he was posing as a tree and I was "climbing" on him till his shoulders, as a monkey!! That was crazy and real fun! I was... just 8 years old... :-)

Let's come back to Rome's weekend as the best has to be told yet.
The real reason why I went to Rome is because of Guerrazzi's family. My friends, my fabulous friends. The "Africans". Being with them was really really nice. I love spending time with them and because of Africa, last time we were together was just 2 years ago... Seems a long time? Probably yes, but with them, it's something like a part of myself that comes out and I love that part. So I really like being with them, talking, walking, chilling out on the sand, admiring the sea, the clouds, together, listening their amazing experience, life and work, difficulties and astonishment.
I have only one word for them: thanks.
I want to take a promise, first of all a promise to myself: I'll go and visit them - if not this Xmas, another time, but I want to do that.

So, it's time to close this post. I have my fantastic dream to be "lived" tonight - a trip to Maroua, to Guerrazzi's place. I want to close my eyes now and keep it tight in my mind and in my hurt.

Sentence of the day: laugh can be a sweet silence made of friends, sea and sincere hugs.

No comments: